Are your employees complaining? Has productivity declined? Do you have dark spots and overly lit spots in your workplace or warehouses? Do you have abundant day-lighting but still use overhead lighting? Lighting contributes to the productivity and well being of your work environment. We can help you develop a lighting plan, for retrofit or new construction, which will optimize the lighting levels in your work space and ensure/enhance worker productivity.
MSS, Inc. will:
- Conduct a Lighting audit to identify current lighting and day lighting opportunities and current operating practices/needs
- Undertake an Energy audit to evaluate operating costs and identify the potential for energy savings and utility incentives
- Interview staff to determine lighting needs & concerns
- Recommend and design lamps, ballasts & controls to meet your needs in a cost effective fashion
- Install recommended lamps, ballasts and controls
- Train staff to ensure their appreciation and effective management of new lighting applications and controls
- Train facilities staff to ensure the proper operation of newly installed equipment
Day lighting and advanced lighting design will not only reduce your energy costs but also save on inventory and allow you to more efficiently manage the time of your maintenance staff. In addition, day lighting and advanced lighting design have increased productivity and retail sales. Take a look at the case studies summarized in the handouts below. These provide evidence that advanced lighting design can produce an ROI of under a year and increase retail sales by 30%!